incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Granting committer status to log4net developers
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:19:26 GMT
Ceki Gülcü wrote:

>>>  From what I understand so far, I can't see any advantages for *log4net*
>>>to come through the Incubator instead of LS.
>>
>>http://incubator.apache.org/faq.html#does_project_X_really_need_Incubation
>>http://incubator.apache.org/faq.html#can_Incubation_be_skipped
>>http://incubator.apache.org/faq.html#project_XXX_makes_no_mention_of_Incubator
>
> That does not really answer my question. On the contrary, it tends to confirm
> my fears.

what part of 'outside code can *only* come to the asf through the incubator'
do you find unclear?  and what fears are these that you say you have?

the advantage for log4net if it comes through the incubator is that it
can become part of the asf.  your alternative 'instead of through ls'
simply isn't an option.  so either log4net comes in through the incubator
on its way to join ls.. or it doesn't become part of the asf *at all*.
--
#ken	P-)}

"Millennium hand and shrimp!"