incubator-general mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <tetsuya.kitah...@nifty.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Granting committer status to log4net developers
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:03:11 GMT
> Incubation is not intended to be difficult.  The Incubator's raison d'ĂȘtre
> is to make sure that projects are imported, while ensuring that important
> details have been observed.

Yes, I can see this. Also, I am sure that such projects can also choose
another way if there are appropriate "Less Restrictive Alternatives"
(This is a LEGAL term. Ask your friends who are lawyers -- "LRA").

---

When people feel the practice of the legislation would be
contrary to the "spirit" of the legislation, I am sure that arbitrators
can/could choose the "Less Restrictive Alternatives", make such a
legislation change or carry the right to remove executors
from office into effect.
This is how the law codes in the world survive(d).

Again, ask your friends who are lawyers. I am sure that you folks
can find the appropriate way of the practice of the legislation,
in general
Legislation is *for you*, not *for itself*. Put a good interpretation
upon what you can see/perceive. You would be happy as long as
you can find "Less Restrictive Alternatives". Raison d'ĂȘtre of law codes.
-- Oh, this is exactly how  i wanted to express my feelings for long --

Happy incubation.

Cheers,