incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marcus Schießer <marcus_schies...@web.de>
Subject AW: versatile container for software components
Date Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:29:00 GMT

Von: general-return-3164-marcus_schiesser=web.de@incubator.apache.org
[mailto:general-return-3164-marcus_schiesser=web.de@incubator.apache.org
] Im Auftrag von Leo Simons
Gesendet: Sonntag, 11. Januar 2004 03:04
An: general@incubator.apache.org
Betreff: Re: versatile container for software components

Hi Marcus,

Marcus Schießer wrote:
> i wrote a versatile container for software components that could be
> embedded in different frameworks. i am using this right now as a
> container for web components (container embedded in a servlet engine).

> i would like to donate the container to the apache project, hopefully
> someone is interessted. as far as i can see, there is not yet such a
> project at apache.

I took a look, and I believe we have in fact several projects in the
same problem space. Struts, cocoon, turbine, avalon (avalon-fortress +
excalibur-event in particular), hivemind, jetspeed (!), and
others...they all are used to fill similar roles.

It might be a good idea for you to review these projects and investigate

possible co-operation with one or more of these.

--
cheers,

- Leo Simons