incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: donation of project
Date Thu, 25 Dec 2003 02:01:37 GMT
>  Your administrative burden is *much* smaller. For example, by simply
>  registering the project, you get a CVS server, a mailing list system,
>  forums, a bug tracking system and all that stuff automatically.

I'm not sure that I understood the point.  The infrastructure team does all
of those things for new projects, too.  We have an excellent CVS process,
and are starting a phased migration to Subversion, which is even better and
easier.

>  Migrating your project to Apache is *lots* more work, in particular
>  because you need to ask a lot of questions like "how do I get Bugzilla
>  up and running" and the like.

Baring unforeseen issues, Jira should be live before New Years, and
available for new projects, and those that want to migrate out of bugzilla.

	--- Noel