incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Re: request for incubation: axion database project
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2003 19:38:30 GMT
Rodney Waldhoff wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> > In other words:
> >    http://incubator.apache.org/axion
> >    axion-dev@db.apache.org
> >    axion-user@db.apache.org
> >    db-axion CVS

> I'm confused.  Why is Axion different from:
>   http://ws.apache.org/wsrp4j/
>   http://ws.apache.org/jaxme/
>   http://jakarta.apache.org/pluto/
>   http://xml.apache.org/xmlbeans/

Because those existed before a policy was established, we have not forced
them to move, and they have, as yet, not voluntarily done so.

We were told to make it apparent that a project is in the Incubator, and
that an obvious and clear indicator is the URL.  Some of the other resources
were also suggested, but we're trying to strike the best balance.

Moving web sites is trivial.  We do it quite often.  I already did it for
two URLs today.  I also demonstrated it as a "proof of concept" for lenya,
as you can see from http://incubator.apache.org/lenya/.

When we move axion, we would simply place:

  RedirectMatch Permanent /axion/(.*) http://db.apache.org/axion/$1

into our .htaccess file.

Does this present any sort of difficulty?

	--- Noel