incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] PPMCs for Incubating Projects
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:06:34 GMT
Aaron Bannert wrote:

> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> > A PMC policy to be determined is whether the PPMC mailing list
> > is optional for PMC members.  The one mailing list created to
> > date (geronimo-ppmc) is opt-in, although I did pre-subscribe
> > you (along with myself, Geir and James).

> What do you mean by this?

I mean that I pre-subscribed Nicola Ken, myself, Geir and James to the PPMC,
as well as all of the current Geronimo Committers.  Anyone else from the PMC
who wanted to be on the mailing list needs to subscribe.

> Are you asking [if] Incubator PMC members should be forced to join
> all *-ppmc@incubator.apache.org lists?

> If [so], I completely disagree.

Opinions seem to be mixed on the subject, so I wanted to raise the question.
You can agree or disagree, but I've got to know what I'm doing when I create
these lists, which is why I am asking for a policy.

	--- Noel