incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: PPMCs and oversight
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2003 07:22:26 GMT
Berin Lautenbach wrote:

When the Incubator is coming up for its own quarterly report, I think that
the Incubator Chair can send out a reminder to each PPMC list reminding
them.  The PMC, for its part, can and should make sure that there is
sufficient oversight, but I don't believe that we need to designate someone
as *the* Mentor, so much as make sure that there are always members
involved.  As for getting work done, the PPMC ought to take responsibility,
and the less it needs someone to ensure that tasks are accomplished, the
better.

Perhaps we will find out that we need something more formal, but the less we
need of that the better.

	--- Noel