incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <>
Subject RE: PPMCs and oversight
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2003 18:51:11 GMT
Berin Lautenbach wrote:
> Actually I see the mentor as being more than just requesting reports.

I agree.  Ideally, IMO, mentors are participating as knowledgeable peers.

> a person the ASF (generally in the form of the Incubator PMC) can
> hold accountable for the ongoing progress of incubation.

> maybe this is my big company (always very desirous of accountability)
> background showing through :>.

The PPMC is accountable, and should know it.  Mentors should be
participating, and providing good guidance, but the PPMC should consider
itself accountable.  That does not mean a laissez-faire attitude on the part
of mentors, but I think we should strive for that peer mentality from the

	--- Noel

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message