incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Re: request for incubation: axion database project
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 23:50:23 GMT
> We need to finish voting here, but in the meantime go ahead and fill
> out a
> new copy as axion.cwiki.  When the vote passes, we will make sure that
> you
> and/or the DB PMC Chair has karma for the CVS module to check it in.
> Then
> the PPMC can review it, and if there are no issues, we can probably
> hold a
> consensus vote to clear it.
>
> Work for you?  Anyone have any problem with the above?

Yeah, we already agreed that incubator does not vote on projects that
have been accepted by a PMC.  They are just "here" and need the stuff
set up for them.

Jason, incubator does not DO things for the project when it is destined
for an existing PMC.  The people who are working on the project are
supposed
to record their own status, answer the status questions to the extent
they
can do so, ask about any issues that have not been addressed, and
finally
call a vote to exit incubation.  This is not a nanny service -- it is a
record-keeping gateway.

....Roy