incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Official Name for "Geronimo" Project
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 09:18:15 GMT
On 12/1/03 12:16 AM, "Greg Stein" <gstein@lyra.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 29, 2003 at 07:10:16PM -0500, Rich Bowen wrote:
>> Appropriating the name "Geronimo" for our uses will cause, and has
>> caused, controversy.
>
> I believe the only controversy has been from people who state that the
> name will cause controversy. IOW, it is entirely self-generated, rather
> than any *actual* problem.
>
> Have we actually seen legitimate complaints? Or just *belief* that they
> will occur?

Could you please enumerate for me what constitutes a legitimate complaint?

Thanks,

Andy

--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

The views expressed in this email are those of the author and are almost
definitely not shared by the Apache Software Foundation, its board or its
general membership.  In fact they probably most definitively disagree with
everything espoused in the above email.