incubator-general mailing list archives

From Geir Magnusson Jr <ge...@optonline.net>
Subject Re: [ROADMAP] Incubator Reorganization and getting *real* stuff done
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 01:04:58 GMT

On Dec 2, 2003, at 5:40 PM, Aaron Bannert wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 02, 2003 at 09:58:02AM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>> IMNSHO Geronimo can easily go on without a logo or a final name for a
>> couple of weeks if needed, so I'll wait to get 3 done after 1 and 2
>> are
>> done.
>
> Please don't postpone this any longer.

Right - lets get the PPMC setup and have *them* deal with it.

> We have had a vote.

Which of these are binding votes?  ;)

>  I would
> like to hear what the current Geronimo committers think about the
> vote, and if they are ok with selecting a new name (or if they are
> vehemently opposed to choosing a new name). I realize that a
> discussion about the name has already occured within the committers,
> but I don't know if that decision was unanimous. Can we get the
> committers to vote/voice their opinion here so we can finally wrap
> this up?

They would in the PPMC.  If you feel that it would be valid to have the
committers decide - something I'm really glad to see - lets use this as
a motivation to get the PPMC structure setup, get a mail list for them,
and watch them go.

Given that PPMC decisions are subject to PMC and board oversight,
there's no risk in doing it this way.

geir

geir@4quarters.com