incubator-general mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Official Name for "Geronimo" Project
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 07:43:00 GMT

On 30 Nov 2003, at 21:20, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> The project was initiated on condition that the name would be
> reconsidered prior to becoming a TLP.

Agreed. My feeling is lets postpone this discussion until becoming a
TLP.

We're gonna have to move CVS repos, change mail lists etc anyways
whenever Geronimo leaves the incubator - so thats an ideal time to have
the vote. Also having the vote on the geronimo-dev mail list, where
most of the geronimo community hangs out is probably a good idea.

> I don't really care at this
> point, except to note that if we do get an objection regarding the
> name from folks who have a right to object, then the project will
> have to change its name and everyone who has coded to the geronimo
> class names will be hosed (not that it matters much for a J2EE
> container).  That objection is more likely to come from the other
> companies using it as a trademark.

Agreed.

James
-------