incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Re: request for incubation: axion database project
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2003 01:34:23 GMT
> If this isn't constructive criticism, I don't know
> what is.  Axion was told one thing, and now that
> incubation time has arrive, they're being told
> another.  That's the critical part.  I think we should
> honor the original plan of incubation.  That's the
> constructive part.

I don't believe for a second that your interpretation of Noel's
message is even remotely accurate, let alone an opinion of the
incubator PMC.  Please drop this argument NOW!

I have absolutely no tolerance for the whiny-ass bullshit that
has been descriptive of Axion so far.  Please concentrate on
filling-out the documentation of the IP transfer so that the
project can become part of the DB project.  IT IS NOT PART OF DB
AT THIS POINT IN TIME, AND WILL NOT BECOME PART OF DB UNTIL THE
DOCUMENTATION IS PRESENT IN THE INCUBATOR CVS.  If you don't like
the web site restriction, then don't publish a website until the
incubator has transferred Axion to DB.

The reason for this policy is because prior incubated groups
violated the trust we gave them.  Feel free to delete their sites
if you feel the need for ancestral equality.

....Roy