incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PPMCs and oversight
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2003 11:44:40 GMT

Berin Lautenbach wrote:

> Aaron Bannert wrote:
>
>> Why must it be one person? The entire Incubator PMC is responsible, so
>> why should we limit this to one person?
>
> Not saying there should be only one mentor (in fact I would argue
> against it).  But I do think it important to have *identified* mentors.

IIUC this is what ATM we agree upon:

The role of Mentor is a self-selecting title (eg. anyone wishing to
become a Mentor and has the title to be one as described in our policy
just adds themselves to the projects/index webpage + the project status
page and joins the PPMC and dev lists.

This means that we can reasonably be sure that *at least* the Mentors
that have listed themselves on the projects/index page are actually
following the respective projects.

This of course does not remove the need to have at least one mentor
identified in teh project proposal.

This should satisfy all needs, of accountability and of easiness to join.

I should finally add that we have basically agreed also that the PPMC is
made of all PMC members and all the committers+landing PMC members, but
that only the mentors must always be subscribed to the ppmc and dev
mailing lists.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -