incubator-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@wingsofhermes.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Re: request for incubation: axion database project
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2003 21:42:08 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Berin Lautenbach wrote:
>
>> I note that at the moment we have reserved the right for the Incubator
>> PMC to vote if so desired.
>>
>> Does everyone think we should remove that potential out of the policy?
>

> I think so now. It should not be of our business to challenge the
> decisions of other PMCs.
>
> If an extreme need for it arises, we can deal with it as an exceptional
> case, without it being part of pur "normal" policy.

If we think there is a potential that this might happen, then maybe we
should simply mark it as exceptional in the policy.

Something like "in exceptional cases the PMC will vote on the inclusion
of a project, however normally acceptance is taken as granted".  Maybe
something like the 72 hour Ack from the board for new board members?  If
nobody in the PMC objects within 72 hours of the sponsoing PMC making
mention, then it all goes ahead.

Otherwise you might get into arguments down the track that this isn't
mentioned in the documentation so why are we doing it.

Cheers,
	Berin