incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RESULT][VOTE] PPMCs for Incubating Projects
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2003 14:58:43 GMT

Thanks for the useful suggestions..

Sander Striker wrote:

> On Wed, 2003-12-24 at 13:42, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>>The status updates are posted to general@incubator.apache.org, prior ACK
>>from any Incubator PMC member.
>
> Does this need an ACK?

I reckon it would need a "go-ahead" from the community, requiring an ACK
from a mentor is probably too strong. Besides, the general incubator
list is still "here", so we can always eventually rectify.

>>Also, we'll take a good look at any IP/licensing/copyright/trademark
>>issues that may exist during the incubation process. As soon as it is
>>clear that a project has truely captured the ASF spirit and all legal
>>issues are sorted out, the project leaves incubation and lives on on
>>its own."
>
> s/all legal issues are sorted out/there are no legal issues/
> Or should we say: there are no obvious potential liabilities?

Seems better to me, +1

 >> By the way, would you be interested
>> in a position on the Incubator PMC to help out new projects?"
>
> Hmmm, the 'position on the Incubator PMC' candy can be toned down
> IMO.  Yes, we do need people to help Incubator, but to be honest
> I wonder if people who are fresh at the ASF will be able to
> find there way and are comfortable enough helping others.

Ok, then -> "By the way, would you be interested to help out new projects?"

             - verba volant, scripta manent -