incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] PPMCs for Incubating Projects
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:38:12 GMT

Aaron Bannert wrote:
> Also, it seems to me that any Incubator PMC member who has joined
> a PPMC list is already acting in the role of "Mentor"? Now that we
> have PPMCs, we don't need to have an explicit role of "Mentor"
> anymore. Can we get rid of these complicated rules and roles and
> terms now that we have a PPMC?

It seems to me that we basically agree, except for this point, which I
find important to be decided. Let's see.

My scenario:
  - All Incubator PMC members are on all PPMCs
  - Some Incubator PMC members are Mentors on a project
  - Only Mentors participate actively in that project
  - Other PMC members are last-resort vetoers on PPMCs

Your scenario:
  - The Incubator PMC members that are active on the respective projects
    are Mentors and are on the PPMC
  - Incubator PMC members can chime into PPMCs at any time and
    participate there and even vote, but it's not required
  - status reports to the Incubator PMC are the means of reporting
    and are also posted on general

I'm still thinking, but ATM I tend to believe that your scenario is
better. :-)

Others see problems with it?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -