incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <...@ispsoft.de>
Subject Re: Exiting Incubation - Status Check
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 06:26:17 GMT

Hi,

I have a couple of questions concerning

     http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ExitingIncubator

Some of them have already been asked (with no reply), some haven't.

*  No non ASL or ASL compatbile dependencies in the code base

    In the case of JaxMe, there are several unit tests, which
    depend on hsqldb. hsqldb is not in the CVS repository, but
    the developer is expected to download it from the hsqldb
    site (hsqldb.sf.net) and put it into a certain subdirectory.
    Likewise, Gump is configured to load hsqldb from another
    location. hsqldb is required to build the sources. The
    binary distribution contains no references to hsqldb.

    Does that match the above terms or does it not?

* Check of project name for trademark issues

    How do I do that? In particular, how do I record that I have
    checked and found no issues?

* Demonstrate an active and diverse development community

    I know what I consider an "active and diverse" development
    community. But I am not the one to decide. Who can give me
    a clue whether the community is supposed to be sufficiently
    "active and diverse"?

* Demonstrate ability to tolerate and resolve conflict within the community.

    I understand and approve the desire. However, to fulfill the words,
    I would possibly have to force a conflict.

* Developers tied into ASF PGP web of trust

    I do not know what is required to conform to this part.

For the record, I would like to note, that IMO the other requirements
are fulfilled by JaxMe.

Jochen