incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [Ruper] Incubation setup phase
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 14:42:34 GMT

Finally Ruper is a project in Incubation at Apache. :-)
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/index.html

Our incubation status page is here:
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/ruper.html

What has to be done now?

We are in the Project Setup phase.
http://incubator.apache.org/projects/ruper.html#Project+Setup

* all contributors to Krysalis Ruper and to Krysalis Version, please
   send a grant for the codebases in question as here:
   http://www.apache.org/licenses/software-grant.txt
   (specifying that is't about the part of these codebase on
    SF that you have committed, and with what ID)

   As for Greebo, we'll see if it's needed to access the codebase
   after some discussion, or if it can simply work as a reference
   to look at.

* please change all files so that they have the ASF 1.1 copyright
   in the header

* please change all packages to be org.apache.ruper.*
   We can use Refactor-It which is free for both krysalis and
   Apache projects (follow the logo link on krysalis.org)

The initial committers will be:

# Adam Jack (ajack@trysybase.com, ajack@apache.org)
# Anou Manavalan (anou_mana@hotmail.com, anou_mana@apache.org)
# Markus M. May (mmay@javafreedom.org)
# Nick Chalko (nick@chalko.com, nickchalko@apache.org)

The only one that is not yet an Apache committer is Markus.

Please send a CLA by fax as explained in the CAL itself below linked:

   http://www.apache.org/licenses/cla.pdf

Please also tell me what Unix id you will like to use (mmay I guess).
Give me three choices in order, and do not use only the name or surname.

After the above items are done, I'l have infastructure set up the
project, import the code, and we can start.

For the Avalon developers that want to join development and eventually
merge their efforts, we can start discussing and collaborating as soon
as the mailing lists are setup (it should not take much).

             - verba volant, scripta manent -