incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Incubator Reorg
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 19:15:06 GMT

<snip loads of good stuff and excellent explanation />

I think I get what you mean! :-)

10 PRINT "There are no subprojects"
20 GOTO 10

So in the case of Lenya, we should not have done community incubation,
as the project would have been part of the Cocoon project, so it's
Cocoon's thing to do.

This means that Lenya falls under the same case as Wagon, that is
something that we check for IP issues and then hand over to the Cocoon
Project.

This does not mean that the Cocoon PMC cannot ask us for help, or add
docs to us or make suggestions, but it's their responsibility, not ours.

I would go as far as suggesting all projects that have internal
"incubation" problems to contact us, so that the solution that will come
out will be part of the Incubator knowledge.

Many problems that we have had come to mind now, and this would have
solved them. It seems very good, unless there is some wicked Sam stuff
in it that I still can't see ;-)

Finally, this does not preclude that other projects can decide to employ
the PPMC mechanism inside themselves, but that's not our problem.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -