incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Incubator Reorg
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 15:41:15 GMT

Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>My first guess is that we should simply set up a page for code grants as
>>we do for incubating projects, and a directory to store the grant stuff.
>>PMC chairs would simply track the status of the donation there.
>
> I don't believe that we need a special case of this situation.  If there is
> no new community, the PPMC would simply be the two PMCs.  The community
> issues are considered finished, and only the codebase issues need to be
> resolved.

Yeah, but it seems a bit artificial to create a PPMC mailing list just
for this. IMHO having all Project Chairs on the Incubator PMC + anyone
that is bringing in new codebases on the Incubator PMC list should
suffice IMHO.

> I feel that we do need to more clearly identify a list of ourstanding issues
> needing to be cleared for each project to exit.  The new STATUS page should
> help.

I think it will.

> I've no clue what issues are outstanding for Lenya, even looking at
> the current STATUS page for Lenya
> (http://incubator.apache.org/projects/lenya.html).

Not much, as they vote correctly, discuss on the list, and get along
well with other projects. Even better than most other projects we have
here ;-)

OTOMH there are still two things to watch out:

1 - licensing awareness: it's getting better after a couple of headsup,
       so it should be cleared soon. For this I want to see how they do
       the release.

2 - independent committers: it seems to me that there are not many new
        committers and that the initial core group is still the one
        driving, although I have to check. In any case it's getting
        stronger ties with Cocoon core and Forrest now, so the issue
        is going away too.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -