incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Incubator Reorg
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 08:40:08 GMT

Sam Ruby wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>> Sam Ruby wrote:
>>> For that reason, I believe that there needs to be a clear distinction
>>> between PPMC members who are primarily observers and vetoers of last
>>> resort, and those who are active in the construction of the project.
>>
>> Is it really needed? I guess that those that are not so involved will
>> automatically partecipate less be just observers, without us having to
>> formalize such a figure.
>
> That would have been my guess too until the last few days.

I've put it this way on the wiki proposal, it should suffice:

"Incubator PMC members not engaged in active discussion and development
on a project are on the project PPMC in quality of observers. They
should refrain from voting on PPMC decisions unless really necessary,
thus acting as vetoers of last resort.".

             - verba volant, scripta manent -