incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <>
Subject Re: [RT] Incubator Reorg
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 16:04:25 GMT

Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
>>How is it to be done?
> Ditch the incubator bureaucracy entirely and have the sponsoring member go
> into the community, show them the light and then demonstrate to the PMC or
> governance body (board/members whatever) that the project has a strong
> community and follows the rules and audits the licensing issues.

This is what should happen here too. Before it exits incubation the
above has to happen. No difference here.

> Until the project is accepted, it should not be protected by the foundation.
> Protecting ultimately unacceptable projects is NOT in the foundations best
> interest and therefore it shouldn't be divvying out resources to such
> projects.

So you mean that the actual move to Apache should be done when the
project is finally and completely accepted in Apache?

Even if the project is in Incubation, and even if I have gone as much as
I can towards putting in disclaimers that the project is not finally in
Apache, the project is in fact legally already *inside* Apache.

I think I know where this is coming from ;-)

Nicola Ken Barozzi
             - verba volant, scripta manent -

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: