incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Incubator Reorg
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 11:43:45 GMT

Leo Simons wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>> How is it to be done?
>>
>> Shoot.
>
> JFDI applies.

I'm trying to recap, I had a hard time understanding some details in all
the mails I'm reading.

> I think every PMC member and every ASF
> member that had something to say about the PPMC idea
> was basically in favour. We have consensus on the broad
> plan; enough of a mandate to get things underway. Create
> a PPMC battle plan and execute.
>
> It seems to me this entails the following:

> $proj-ppmc@incubator.apache.org
>
> 2) get a few moderators && incubator pmc members in
> place for each, have them subscribe the appropriate people
> to it, or at least send out the invitations

Who should be on each ppmc?

  - all PMC members of the future PMC (committers + landing PMC members)
  - all Incubator PMC members (or just mentors?)

> 3) send out welcome messages on the newly created
> mailing lists, explaining purpose and basic organisation,
> with appropriate disclaimers

Purpose? Self management.
Basic organization?
What disclaimers?

> 4) figure out what issues we can and cannot deal with
> inside a PPMC as we go along**

First draft?
IMHO PPMC == PMC, so there is not much to decide, no?

5) Reporting the the main Incubator PMC

  - Status reports
  - Updating the Status checklist in the /projects dir

> - LSD
>
> ** big design up front doesn't work well for software;
> I think it works even less well for communities.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -