incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Incubator Reorg
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 10:54:24 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> How is it to be done?
>
> Shoot.

JFDI applies. I think every PMC member and every ASF
member that had something to say about the PPMC idea
was basically in favour. We have consensus on the broad
plan; enough of a mandate to get things underway. Create
a PPMC battle plan and execute.

It seems to me this entails the following:

$proj-ppmc@incubator.apache.org

2) get a few moderators && incubator pmc members in
place for each, have them subscribe the appropriate people
to it, or at least send out the invitations

3) send out welcome messages on the newly created
mailing lists, explaining purpose and basic organisation,
with appropriate disclaimers

4) figure out what issues we can and cannot deal with
inside a PPMC as we go along**

- LSD

** big design up front doesn't work well for software;
I think it works even less well for communities.