incubator-general mailing list archives

From Tetsuya Kitahata <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Re: request for incubation: axion database project
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:29:49 GMT
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 08:35:47 -0800 (PST)
Rodney Waldhoff wrote:

> Immediately jumping to a "because I said so" response, while
> potentially binding, isn't especially inviting, and quite frankly, is
> contrary to the "apache way" we're promising to nuture
> (<>).

Well said. Nice. I think it that the subdomain "incubator" would be
far from "attractive" for people who request incubation here.
-- Branding issue --

I can imagine why people would not want to use this subdomain
-- Every developers has *prides* on his/her codes and structures. --
I am afraid "incubator" subdomain would  have a big potential
putting the image as if it were "immatured"/"childish" in mind of users.
Most of the developers can not bear the "pain" of it, even though
the codes are *not* immatured.

Incubator folks! -- Catch the *heart* of developers! :-)

Allergy to this subdomain can be seen in this's
history --  here, there, everywhere -- it seems.
Emotional Reaction -- there could be no "logical" explanations.
"Hate or Love", that's all.

Enforcing "incubator" subdomain really hurts developers' prides.
I don't want to hurt the Incubator PMC Chair's pride, as well.
I am sure that the ultimate goal of the "Apache Way" would be
to harmonize the "prides" of developers and users' "wants"/"needs".

Let's think this in more constructive way. I do believe you/we can.

Hope this helps.

-- Tetsuya. (

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: