incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <rwaldh...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [RESULT][VOTE] Re: request for incubation: axion database project
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 19:04:37 GMT
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Rodney Waldhoff wrote:
>
> > I've noticed that a disturbing number of VOTE threads on this list never
> > have a corresponding RESULT summary, so here's the result for the vote I
> > recently called:
>
> AISI, the reason there was no summary is that the vote was halted on the
> grounds that it was improper.  Because DB had already voted to accept the
> project, the Incubator does not vote to accept it (ballot 1).  If you want
> to view ballot 2 as a vote to release it, I guess you could say it failed.
> But I think we tried moving from the pro forma phase to actually trying to
> work with you.  :-)
>
> 	--- Noel

Acked.

The notion of automatically accepting projects already accepted by a
sponsor seems like a good one.  It's not very clear from the process docs
that this is the case.  Indeed, it's not very clear from the process docs
that a VOTE is ever required, it just says that the PMC "may" require a
vote.  As a point of clarification, does that mean that someone with the
appropriate karma can create a new podling via lazy consensus (i.e., just
do it until someone pipes up with a -1)?

I don't know what "AISI" stands for, but the way.  For that matter, what's
RT stand for in [RT]?

- Rod <http://radio.weblogs.com/0122027/>