incubator-general mailing list archives

From Aaron Bannert <aa...@clove.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] PPMCs for Incubating Projects
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 05:34:21 GMT
On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 02:47:43PM -0500, Noel J. Bergman wrote:
> A PMC policy to be determined is whether the PPMC mailing list is optional
> for PMC members.  The one mailing list created to date (geronimo-ppmc) is
> opt-in, although I did pre-subscribe you (along with myself, Geir and
> James).

What do you mean by this? Are you asking, for example, if Incubator PMC
members should be forced to join all *-ppmc@incubator.apache.org lists?
Or, are you asking, for example, if Geronimo PMC members should be forced
to join their own geronomi-ppmc@incubator.apache.org list?

If it is the first, I completely disagree. The ASF is a volunteer
organization. If someone wishes to help mentor a project under Incubation,
then they should simply join the ppmc list and participate.

-aaron