incubator-general mailing list archives

From Rodney Waldhoff <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New Incubator rules and scope definition (long)
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 12:45:51 GMT
On Sun, 14 Dec 2003, Leo Simons wrote:

> It's a big thing to vote on all at once. I still have
> question marks with some points. What I'm looking
> for is some signal that we are moving in a direction
> where the TLPs will actually *want* to follow
> incubation procedure (which would be a good sign
> of good functioning), *and* where all the oversight /
> due deligence (sp?) stuff is taken care of as well.
> That's our common goal, innit?

Speaking for myself only, but being a member of the Jakarta and DB PMCs, I
welcome this sort of change.  It restores the individual projects's
ability to nuture and incorporate new development and new sub-communities,
as some did quite successfully before the creation of the incubator, while
ensuring all the legal i's are dotted and t's are crossed.

 - Rod <>

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message