incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@lyra.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New Incubator rules and scope definition (long)
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2003 14:34:42 GMT
On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 06:20:04PM +0100, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> Project spinoffs
> ==================
>
> We have to reassess the status of all incubating projects WRT the new
> rules, and add the needed PPMCs.
>
> - AltRMI: decide where it wants to land
> - FTPServer: decide where it wants to land
> - Geronimo: make PPMC
> - JaxMe: pass it on to the Webservices PMC
> - Juddi: pass it on to the Webservices PMC
> - Lenya: pass it on to the Cocoon PMC
> - Pluto + Wsrp4j: pass it on to their sponsoring PMCs and suggest
>                    them to form a TLP when possible
> - XmlBeans: move to Xml PMC
> - Directory: create PPMC
> - Ruper: create PPMC

I'm unclear on this part. When you say "pass it on" or "move", are you
saying "jettison from Incubator; let the other PMC deal with it" ??

That seems contrary to the purpose of the Incubator. The Incubator is for
*all* projects. It doesn't decide which ones stay with Incubator and which
go to other PMCs -- it takes them all until they are "done".

Cheers,
-g

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/