incubator-general mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] New Incubator rules and scope definition (long)
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2003 14:28:51 GMT
On Sat, Dec 13, 2003 at 03:41:55AM -0500, Jason van Zyl wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-12-13 at 03:23, Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> > In any case, you are free to post anything at any time, but this vote
> > will of course go on (and yes, it will last more than a couple of days,
> > being so important).

Any vote should be at least 72 hours.

> > In any case, if the vote is positive, we can start using the new rules
> > and continue discussing your proposal as a next step.
>
> No, I would ask that you don't continue as my vote will not be positive

Votes should never be held up for any individual. That is the equivalent
of "filibustering" :-) There are many people involved, and it would be
inappropriate for individuals to hold up what all the rest are doing.

If you want to have a say, then sit down and take the time to do it.
Otherwise, the project moves along without your input.

> and at the very least I would like to spend a couple days finishing my
> response. I have no idea what the voting procedures are or what my vote
> actually counts for it at all but it's tentatively -1.

Given that this is a non-technical issue, that -1 is a simple "no" vote
(no such thing as vetoes for non-tech issues). However, it is also a
non-binding vote as you are not part of the PMC. Given your Membership
status and your involvement so far in incubator issues, I would support
your request to join the PMC if you wanted (and were willing to continue
your activity beyond the current issue). Even without your joining the
PMC, I consider your input valuable and would absolutely take your vote
into consideration.

Cheers,
-g

--