incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Website] Project homepage
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 10:04:43 GMT
Andreas Kuckartz wrote:
> I have stopped reading the Apache Incubator mailing list some time ago due
> to such debates.
>
> If you think that it is important to create new senseless rules for new
> projects - do so. But please do not create new useless work for those
> projects which already exist in the Incubator.

These rules are not senseless or useless, they come out of *real* issues
that we had to deal with. Probably they seem senseless as the issues
that have made us come up with them have been discussed on the project
mailing list or on the PMC mailing list. This is something that is now
changing, and I'm confident that in the future the reasons of these
discussions will be more clear to all.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -