incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Incubated project websites
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 14:37:18 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

>> 2 - every project has this URL space where to publish the site:
>>
>>   http://incubator.apache.org/projectname
>
> +1 (or under the wings of their TLP if they wish)

Actually this is the point. I tend to think that they should publish the
site here always.

In any case they should use the Incubator Project logo, because till
they are not finally accepted, they are formally under this project.

>> 5 - the project sites are published by committing the results in
>>     the incubator-site CVS under
>>
>>     incubator-site/build/site/projectname/**
>
> works well.
>
>> Now to me it seems that all is ok except point 5. Specifically,
>> imagine that all out projects use Maven for site building, and that
>> all publish their project reports daily. Then imagine the *loads* of
>> dirs and commit messages. In this case, oversight == 0.
>
> I doubt that's an issue. If people use maven or forrest, the commits
> to monitor are those to the source files. Also, imagine people being
> smart and using cvs import (just one commit message per import), or
> mail readers being smart and filtering out these commit messages.

Ok, I see.

I'm a bit ignorant on using imports for this. Could you please explain
so that we can put this info up on the website?

You're %@&* right :-)

>> Ideas?
>
> it would be nice to have an actual CMS :D

Well, Lenya+Cocoon+Forrest are now working on such a venture, headed by
the usual Stefano :-) <fingers crossed>

             - verba volant, scripta manent -