incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Editing STATUS file
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 07:58:15 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>>I did this so that it's easier to start a project status file and keep
>>track of it. I did not update the STATUS files though, as we need a new
>>format for them.
>
>>@see http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?NewProjectSTATUSTemplate
>
> Is there a difference between the project status file and the STATUS file?
> The paragraph above seems to suggest that they are different.

Well, the status file in the incubator CVS is about *incubation* status,
so it should contain all and only the items that are relevant to incubation.

If projects use a STATUS file to record their project chores and issues,
it's their business.

>>Unfortunately, [earlier changes break] the layout as I intended to have:
>>  incubator/projects/projectname.cwiki  (status file)
>>  incubator/projects/projectname/**     (site)[1]
>>In fact [1] is where altrmi and ftpserver and geronimo are publishing
>>their site.
>
> How's about if we do it as:
>
>   incubator/projects/$project.cwiki         (status file)
>   incubator/projects/$project/status.cwiki  (alt status file)
>   incubator/projects/$project/**            (incubator resources)
>   incubator/$projectname                    (project web-site)
>
> That would keep each project web-site and incubator resources totally
> separate, and leaves us with room for incubation documents such as the ones
> for geronimo.

+1

Furthermore incubator/$projectname is exactly like all other projects do.

> That is similar to your other layouts.  So we just need to settle on one,
> and do it.  :-)
>
>>Let's finish a new version of the status file, and start using
>>that for the Directory project.
>
>>http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?NewProjectSTATUSTemplate
>
> That seems OK with me.  Do you have a .cwiki format for it?

Nope.

Before I'd like to see if others have comments on it.

Specifically

* maybe it's better to list project resources as a table
* the action items are stated as questions: is it ok?
* maybe it's better if with __DONE__ they add the name of the
   person saying so (CVS history is impractical) and add
   at least a reference to what may prove it (for some action items)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -