incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Editing STATUS file
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2003 10:53:37 GMT
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

> Nicola,
>
> Since you made the latest round of changes to the site structure, hopefully
> you can explain things.

Yup :-)

> In incubator/site/projects/directory.cwiki, it says:
>
>   incubator/projects/{project_name}/STATUS
>
> However, it appears that you replaced that file with:
>
>   incubator/projects/{project_name}.cwiki

I did this so that it's easier to start a project status file and keep
track of it. I did not update the STATUS files though, as we need a new
format for them.

@see http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?NewProjectSTATUSTemplate

Mods and better layout welcome.

> except in specific cases like Geronimo, where it is:
>
>   incubator/projects/geronimo/status.cwiki
>
> Is that correct?

Yup. That was made by Roy as Geronimo has other incubation docs that
need a place.

Unfortunately, this breaks the layout as I intended to have:

  incubator/projects/projectname.cwiki  (status file)
  incubator/projects/projectname/**     (site)[1]

In fact [1] is where altrmi and ftpserver and geronimo are publishing
their site.

The problem comes from the fact that ftpserver and altrmi have the site
in their space, and just use that URL as a publishing space. If they
need to place the same extra incubation docs as geronimo, they will have
problems.

So we could do:

  incubator/status/projectname.cwiki         (status file)
  incubator/status/projectname/status.cwiki  (alt status file)
  incubator/projects/projectname/**          (site)

or

  incubator/projects/projectname.cwiki         (status file)
  incubator/projects/projectname/status.cwiki  (alt status file)
  incubator/projects/projectname/site/**       (site)

> If so, are we intending to list all of the active
> committers in that file, as suggested by:
>
>   *Are all active committers in the STATUS file?
>   *Do they have accounts on cvs.apache.org?
>   *Have they submitted a contributors agreement?

I would like to see it, yes.

> So far, I am not finding lists of committers on the STATUS pages linked from
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/index.html.  I did find in some older
> projects a file like
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/incubator-altrmi/status.xml, which has a
> different structure, and has the developers.  But most projects have nothing
> along these lines.

The status files are ATM not very uptodate, and some projects are
keeping their status files in their own cvs structures.

> Please advise, as I am trying to get the Directory project STATUS setup.

We need to sort this out first IMHO. Let's finish a new version of the
status file, and start using that for the Directory project.

http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?NewProjectSTATUSTemplate

             - verba volant, scripta manent -