incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Multiple Mentors
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:49:21 GMT
Berin Lautenbach wrote:
> Nicola,
>
> I suppose the only slight reservation would be who is accountable?  The
> old "Fred Bloggs is looking after that" can kick in.  I think the
> Incubator PMC also wants to be able to hold people accountable for
> inubation activities.  Gets harder with multiple people.

If the accountable person fails, what can we do? Nothing.

Our goal is not to have one person accountable, as we are all
"accountable" as PMC members, but to have more eyes and hands working on
it that are also on our PMC.

As for the idea that more people makes things less accountable, it's
vice versa at Apache. Put more committers on a project, and you will
have more that will eventually do.

All have to do the same thing, so none of them should assume that
someone else is looking over it. Things are done on mailing lists, and
if things do not progress, it's evident enough IMO.

> Does it have to be formally done?  There can be a single "Mentor" with
> others involved and helping out.

It does, as these Mentors would all be on the Incubator PMC, and all
participate as Mentors in full.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -