incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Multiple Mentors
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 10:46:45 GMT
Jochen Wiedmann wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>  From the current incubations, it's becoming quite clear IMO that a
>> single Mentor is not enough for most, if not all, incubated projects.
>
> As far as JaxMe is concerned, we had so far more problems with missing
> replies on general@incubator or pmc@incubator.

The pmc issues have partially been addressed, and other changes are on
the way. Now we have more real active committers and things are changing.

In any case, the Mentors are on teh PMC, so the PMC responsiveness would
increase with more Mentors that are active on the projects being there.

> Dims, our mentor, is always replying.

Excellent :-)

I don't want to imply that Mentors are not doing their work, just that
more of them would ease the burden.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -