incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: incubator website is hosed
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 08:24:47 GMT
Brian Behlendorf wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Nov 2003, Leo Simons wrote:
>
>>Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>>
>>>Personally, I've had my fill of this kind of crap being left on
>>>our public infrastructure.  I shouldn't have to wait days to update
>>>a trivial website.
>>
>>Indeed. I think by now its been pointed out several times exactly how
>>to do it. Take a look at
>>
>>http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/ReadMsg?listName=geronimo-dev@incubator.apache.org&msgId=1102214
>
> Can I suggest putting this someplace more obvious, like
> /www/incubator.apache.org/UPDATING, or something?

How to render and update the _incubator_ site is here:
http://incubator.apache.org/howtoparticipate.html#Updating+the+site

It needs a couple of fixes but it's basically there. What is missing is
the explanation that each project has it's own method of generating the
site, and that info IMHO should be part of the project docs.

For the moment I've added the link to the above message to the wiki
(which is the nearest to a project website that we have) and I'm
updating the incubator docs.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -