incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: incubator website is hosed
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 09:18:34 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> The /www/incubator.apache.org/ directory tree on minotaur contains
> both a checked-out incubator-site *and* the generated output of a
> forrestbot via incubator.  It obviously can't be both.

I look at the site and it's all consistent and the pages are uptodate
with the incubator-site CVS. I look in /www/incubator.apache.org/ and I
see that the incubator-site directories are ok. The forrestbot commits
via CVS, and AFAIK is currently stopped, so I don't understand what you
are talking about.

/www/incubator.apache.org (OK)
     /drafts (empty old CVS dir)
     /forms  (empty old CVS dir)
     /images (OK)
     /incubation  (OK)
     /learn       (OK)
     /mail  (hand-created?)
     /projects  (OK)
       /altrmi  (OK)
       /ftpserver (OK)
       /geronimo (old CVS dirs)
     /skin (OK)

> Personally, I've had my fill of this kind of crap being left on
> our public infrastructure.  I shouldn't have to wait days to update
> a trivial website.

And in fact you don't have to wait. I have no problem whatsoever in
doing so.

> If someone doesn't beat me to it, I am going to
> replace it with Anakia tomorrow.

It's not a tool problem AFAIK.

I have said more than once on this list that I would take care in
updating the site if others do not want to do so. So just edit the files
in CVS, what's the problem?

             - verba volant, scripta manent -