incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject Restoring project web sites
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 19:28:39 GMT
Nicola Ken,

>From Geronimo:

> I remember when the Geronimo project had a web site at Apache.
> What are the chances that we're going to get that thing back
> up and running before ApacheCon?

> If, for example, we stirred up a lot of attention to the project
> at the Con, I can imagine the frustration of the users coming to
> the ASF site and finding a template page explaining nothing of
> the project and linking to none of its resources.

One of the things that happened when we updated the main incubator site is
that it blew away the project site(s).  What do we want to tell a project to
do about its site.  How should Geronimo link a project site into what is now
their STATUS page?

Obviously, they can just "do it", but is there a normative approach that you
want them to take?

	--- Noel