incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [RT] Incubated project websites
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 23:16:48 GMT
Leo,

Leo Simons wrote:
> cd $proj
> maven site
> cd target/docs
> cvs -z3 -d $my_id@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvs \
>   import -m 'Maven-generated site' incubator-site/build/site/$proj \
>   maven_site Maven_Generated_$proj_Website_$(date +%Y%m%d)
>
> replace '$proj' with the project name, replace $my_id with your
> apache login id, replace $(date +%Y%m%d) with the current date
> if you want. See
http://cvsbook.red-bean.com/cvsbook.html#Tracking_Third-Party_Sources__Vendo
r_Branches_

Actually, we were not going to put the built sites in our module, but leave
them in their own.  But other than that, if James does the maven build for
Geronimo, you are suggesting that he would just do the above to update a
directory under incubator-geronimo, e.g.,

  cvs -d jstrachan@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvs/incubator-geronimo/www \
      import -m "Web-site Update" www/ GENERATED $proj_Website$(date
+%Y%m%d)

or something to that effect?

Once a site is in CVS, then in /www/incubator.apache.org we just do

 cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@cvs.apache.org:/home/cvspublic \
     checkout -d $project incubator-$project/www

once to initialize, and thereafter we can do cvs up -Pd as normal.

	--- Noel