incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [Website] Project homepage
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:06:01 GMT
> The process is simple, yes, but it would break all the links to Lenya.

Why?  This is the same process we've been using in Jakarta whenever a
project moves.  How does the following break any existing links to lenya?

  RedirectMatch Permanent /lenya/(.*) http://incubator.apache.org/lenya/$1

> When we started lenya, the rules of the incubator were not there yet,
> so we took lenya closer to the community that it depends on.
> Before breaking all the links, I would like to know if the above is
> just a suggestion or a rule that incubated projects have to follow.

As Nicola Ken said, it is what we would like for projects in the incubator.
But we're not trying to break any existing ones.  I proposed this solution
because it appears to be a win-win.  If not, I think that Lenya has
performed in good faith, and no one is trying to make a problem for the
group.

	--- Noel