incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Official Name for "Geronimo" Project
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2003 00:16:17 GMT
> It should be left up to the project unless Geronimo is truly deemed
> inappropriate.

> The developers may wish to avoid the whole issue by renaming the
> codebase to something else but not be forced out of the name
> because it's perceived to be controversial by some.

Unless the Membership or the Board decides to take up the matter, I think
that the project community should have a say it the matter.  As I said
earlier, I am not sure why the thread wasn't initiated on that list.

	--- Noel

ref:
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=general@incubator.apa
che.org&by=thread&from=547799&to=547799&first=1