incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@gbiv.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Official Name for "Geronimo" Project
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2003 21:20:05 GMT
The project was initiated on condition that the name would be
reconsidered prior to becoming a TLP.  I don't really care at this
point, except to note that if we do get an objection regarding the
name from folks who have a right to object, then the project will
have to change its name and everyone who has coded to the geronimo
class names will be hosed (not that it matters much for a J2EE
container).  That objection is more likely to come from the other
companies using it as a trademark.

....Roy