incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Restoring project web sites
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 21:06:49 GMT
> One of the things that happened when we updated the main incubator
> site is
> that it blew away the project site(s).  What do we want to tell a
> project to
> do about its site.  How should Geronimo link a project site into what
> is now
> their STATUS page?
>
> Obviously, they can just "do it", but is there a normative approach
> that you
> want them to take?

Figure out how it can be done and just do it.  That will be the
normative
approach until we figure out a better one.  Anyone working on an
incubated
project who asks for karma on the incubator site will get it as soon as
I get a chance to edit avail.  In most cases, they already have karma.

In the mean time, we need to set some ground rules: it is only okay to
update the site if the result does not lose information that was
available prior to the update, unless that information is no longer
applicable.

....Roy