incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE:RESULT] Incubate Apache Ruper (was about Repo)
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 07:40:08 GMT

There have counted at least 5 +1s (not counting mine that is ;-)

Therefore I will start the official incubation of Apache Ruper.

This will be the roadmap:

1 - add a status file in the incubator CVS under:
       incubator/site/projects/ruper.cwiki
    that will be published here:
       http://incubator.apache.org/site/projects/ruper.html

2 - add the project to the projects page here:
       incubator/site/projects/index.xml
     that is published here:
       http://incubator.apache.org/site/projects/index.html

3 - follow the items on that list one by one

I have read on this list that there is a will of the Avalon team to
collaborate on this. Well, there is also a will of the Ruper developers
to collaborate too :-)

As soon as the mailing lists are set up and the initial ruper codebases
are in CVS, we can start discussing about it and see what can be done to
migrate Avalon repository stuff to Ruper. Ruper already has two layers,
Version and Ruper proper (we can call it depot as suggested). We can add
a third layer on top for Components. In any case, we'll see later.

Thus I encourage all that are interested in following the advancement of
the incubation of Ruper in greater detail, to sign up to the CVS diffs
of the incubator site to be notified of changes in the incubation status
of Ruper.

    cvs-subscribe@incubator.apache.org

             - verba volant, scripta manent -