incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jochen Wiedmann <...@ispsoft.de>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Official Name for "Geronimo" Project
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2003 16:04:52 GMT

Rich Bowen wrote:

> The fact of the matter is that, in the USA, any mention of any minority
> (aka non-white) historical figure or group of people, by persons not in
> that group, is guaranteed to cause someone to be offended.

I must admit that it is totally beyond my understanding how one can waste so
much thoughts on the *possibility* of offending someone with something, that
  almost anyone would consider an honour, while at the same time accepting a
*military attack* on foreign countries.

Not that I feel that *you* are thinking this. Talking about the majority of
people in the US. Just to express how puzzled I am on this discussion, being
an "old" european.

Jochen