incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Generated sites
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:23:17 GMT
Jason van Zyl wrote:

>>what exactly do you doubt?
>>

>That somewhere between getting access and now, in your moment of fire of
>trying to get something done you were stopped in your tracks because you
>were probably waiting on something else to happen first. I should have
>explained that better. My personal example was once trying to get Scarab
>running on Nagoya and not being able to find Pier for a week. I was all
>ready and raring to go and was stopped dead in my tracks.

Ah...I get it now...I've had moments like that (for example, wanting
to get gump running on moof, or getting gump fixed on nagoya), and
I've frequently given up. Maybe it has to do with who admins a
particular machine and their availability at a given time. IIUC, the
combined roots of minotaur have way more time than the combined
roots on any of the other boxen. Maybe we just need more sudoers.

<big-snip/>

>>I guess all I meant to point out is that I don't feel like I'm being
>>crippled
>>by a committee.
>>

>It's not prevalent, I just see hints of it and I would hope that
>developer desire here for certain things being in place takes precedent
>over infrastructure policy.

I think I just saw you volunteer to be on the infrastructure@ team...
that will probably help in tipping the scales a bit :D

- LSD