incubator-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Finalizing the new Project STATUS template
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 08:12:35 GMT

Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>>Finally I have finished the new draft for a project incubation status
>>page that should be more workable.
>
>>http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/NewProjectStatusTemplate
>
> Minor nit: there actually is a Wonka project, so let's not use the name.
> :-)

:-)

> Items in tables that need to be checked off should have a way of being
> checked, either by completion date, PMC Chair initials, checkmark image, or
> something.

That's the idea. In fact "id" should be the Apache id of the person
checking it, and date the date it was checked.

> I do see that there is a data field in section 5, but it seems
> to me that we can have both a date that the item was added (became active),
> and a completion date.

Hmmm... the items are added at the beginning. Probably we should add an
extra section of items that have been added afterwards.

> Some items are supposed to be listed, and don't seem to have a place, e.g.,
> the list of Committers.  The latter should go in Project Info, I believe.

Yes. All data and extra infos are to be added to that table, likr for
example a link to the PMC vote that accepted the project or any other thing.

> Thoughts?
>
> Overall, I like it a lot.  Can you do a real one for the Directory project,
> and we'll see how that looks?

I was hoping to hear this :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -