incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Incubate Apache Repo
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 00:38:14 GMT

Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>+1 if you mean to incubate a particular project, since it seems that you
>have a set of codebases and a community to start.
>
>However, unless it is willing to be more inclusive of other related
>projects, I don't think that it should be permitted to refer to itself as
>the Apache Repository project.  It is a single instance of such a client
>tool.  Mind you, I would like to see collaboration between these projects,
>Avalon and Maven.

There are a couple (or more) people from Avalon who would be keen to get
invoked with a collaborative initiative of kind assuming that we can get
a good broad spectrum of support across Apache projects.

My own interest is coming from the point of view of the Avalon
Repository facility. Avalon's Repository initiative is concerned with
linking together components and repositories to support aggressive
deployment strategies. I've just posted some *very* initial information
up on Apache  at the following address:

  http://avalon.apache.org/repository/about

In addition to what is written there - there is also work on-going
within Avalon in the development of IDE tools/plugins linked to this
facilities, repository management in general, and broader development
interests that tie into the Apache Directory Project's Eve product and
all of that component and service management stuff in Avalon.  If the
initial community is agreeable I would be interested in contributing and
I'm sure there are a couple of other Avalon committers that would want
get involved as well.

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell